Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 9 - Waka Waka

Song of the day: Shakira - Waka Waka


Yesterday we ended up having the chicken and lemon-leek linguine for dinner.  It's so good, but would have been better if I had remembered that I was increasing the amount of noodles and therefore should increase the amount of everything else.  Lol, small snafoo  (um, spelling?).  When Kyle and I first got married I was so used to cooking for six (me, my parents, and three brothers), that I had to train myself how to cook for two.  Then I had to train myself how to actually cook for two.  Now I'm trying to remember how to cook for five!


My original goal was to do 30 minutes of cardio every day with strength training 3x a week (Monday, Wednesday/Thursday, Saturday).  I really liked what I did last Saturday so I decided to change it up and do that work out on my strength training days.  I know that week 1's weight loss is not what I can expect to lose every week, but I really want to make sure that I keep the numbers going down this week.  I've been making sure I mentally check myself with everything I'm doing to make sure that I'm not becoming obsessed with counting calorie in-tack vs. burned.  I think it's really easy to go from over-indulging in food to over-indulging in obsessive behavior when it comes to food and exercise.


Today I am going to try and get my work out in before dinner because the biggest loser is on tonight!  I had never watched an episode before last week and now I'm hooked.  I just keep reminding myself, if they can do it, I can do it.


I changed up my breakfast a little bit and had a piece of toast with peanut butter, a small orange, and a glass of low-sodium tomato juice.  For lunch I'm going to have left over chicken and lemon-leek linguine.  I have an avocado that needs to be eaten, so I'll have that for a snack this afternoon.  I'm really excited for dinner!  We are going to try greek-style pork chops!  It's nice because the recipe is just a lot of prep work and the only real cooking is the pork chops.  Don't get me wrong, I love cooking, but I really love the taste of fresh veggies too!  We'll have to go do some grocery shopping to get some pitas!

No comments:

Post a Comment