Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 6 - Hello Weekend!!

Song of the day: Lady Gaga - Starstruck


I've been getting a lot of messages asking for recipes, so I went back and added links to the recipes!


Yesterday went a lot better than Thursday as far as hunger went!  The prosciutto, pear, and blue cheese sandwich was the best sandwich I have had in a long time!   For my snack I had the second serving of the brie, apple, and spinach quesadilla.  Unfortunately, I didn't get in any strength training or cardio because I feel asleep (on our living room floor) at 8:30!  I had gone down there with intentions to stretch before I went to work out and did the yoga pose "sleeping lady" (not an actual pose).  Elliot woke up about 6, so Kyle went in and repositioned him and put his nook back in his mouth.  We then all slept until 9:30!!!  Even though I wish I would have worked out last night, I obviously needed the extra sleep!


For breakfast we had cinnamon-pecan pancakes (just added a serving of pecan's and 1tsp of cinnamon to regular pancake batter), and they were really good!  Lunch is going to be leftover sauteed chicken breasts with pico de gallo and cilantro lime rice.  Last night I wasn't too sure about that meal since the chicken seemed kind of lame, but it was really good!  I used green onion instead of white for the pico de gallo because I didn't have white onion.  Also I squeezed some fresh lime juice into the rice in addition to the lime zest.  Dinner tonight is going to be guacamole bacon burgers (with turkey bacon and turkey burgers) with baked sweet potato fries.  I've made this dinner before and it's one of our favorites!


Since I missed my workouts yesterday I'm going to do the missed 1/2 hour of strength training and 1/2 hour of cardio on top of my 1/2 hour of cardio today.  I have a feeling it's a good thing that I got all that sleep last night!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go. I look forward now to come on here everyday to see how you are doing. I love the recipes. I got my Healthy Choices Cookbook out today and trying different recipes. I decided I am board with what I am eating so never seem to be satisfied. Good job on doing extra exercises today. Always remember about Biggest Loser show is that they work out 6 hours a day so that is why they get weekly weight lose so high. But there will be weeks that they don't loose anything even with all that exercise. I need to get back mine. I was using Jillian Michaels 20 min workout.

    ReplyDelete