Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 14- hit a wall, or a wall hit me

Song of the day:  The Cranberries - Zombie


I'm feeling slightly better than I did yesterday, but not really all that better at all.  My headache is still there, but now it only seems to hurt when I move.  All off my joints are still swollen so moving seems weird.  I definitely feel like I'm on the upswing compared to how I felt yesterday. I slept all day except for about 5 hours.  Kyle did the grocery shopping and cooked dinner.  The dinner of pan-fried chicken fingers with spicy dipping sauce.  Instead of using 3 cups of a flaky cereal we used 2 cups of cereal and 1 cup of slivered almonds.  It gave them this whole other taste that was almost a little sweet.  We also only fried them for about 2 minutes on each side then baked them the rest of the was so they were more crunchy and not soaked in oil.  


Today we are going to have leftovers for lunch and for dinner we are having peppercorn-crusted filet mignon with port jus with a side of asparagus and mashed potatoes.  It pretty much looks amazing and I can't wait!  It's also a nice fancy meal to eat while watching the Golden Globes!  I'm a sucker for all things award shows.  


I didn't work out yesterday and I'm not working out today.  I would really like to, but every step I take I can feel the pounding reverb in my head.  I'm not too optimistic about my weigh in tomorrow, but I understand that I'm sick and there's only so much that I can do.  But still, I wish I had one more day this week.

2 comments:

  1. Just started following you. Hope you feel better and your chicken recipe sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me! The chicken was amazing and I could probably just eat the spicy dipping sauce out of the bowl! Kind of gross to think about, but I'll definitely make it for fries too! I definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete