Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 10 - I'm a firework. Katy Perry told me so.

Song of the day: Katy Perry- Firework


When I wrote yesterday I wasn't aware that my dad had taken the leftover chicken with lemon-leek linguine to work with him, so instead I had an avocado, 1 oz brie cheese, and wheat crackers.  The avocado/brie mix was really good!  For my snack I had another glass of low-sodium v8 juice and half an apple.  I had plans to eat the whole apple, but the truth is, I don't really like apples.  Carbs tend to get a bad rep since the whole atkins diet, but they're still good for you.  I am aiming at 163-236g of carbs a day, but every day I fall significantly short.  I just don't really like sweet things.  I am trying to eat more fruit, but I'm just not a huge fan.  I really do like pears, but there's only so many pears you can eat in a week.  Ideally I would like to eat breads for carbs, but they also come with calories, so it looks like I'm going to have to stick to fruit!  The greek-style pork chops were really good!  I made sure that I put a serving aside for lunch today!  I've always really like mediterranean style cooking, so I could definitely eat that again.  What I really like about it (and with a lot of the cooking light recipes) is that they don't have cheese in them.  My husband is allergic to lactose (no, not lactose intolerant, actually allergic as in anaphylactic grab-an-epipen shock) and I don't want him to die.  It's probably good for me that he can't eat cheese, because I love cheese and would put it on EVERYTHING.  Twice. 


I got in my cardio work out in before the biggest loser so after dinner I was able to relax for the rest of the night.  I wasn't tired when I went there, but as soon as I got on the treadmill I felt exhausted.  It was the first time since starting this that I was really watching the clock tick down.  I don't know why I was so tired, but hopefully today goes better!  I am going to do my strength training and instead of an hour of cardio I am only going to do 1/2 an hour since I am going on a 2-mile walk with Maria tonight!  Mommy night out!  One of the greatest things about writing this blog has been the positive comments and support that I've gotten from friends and family!  It's definitely helped me when I feel like eating something I shouldn't or not going to work out.  


For breakfast I had an egg, piece of toast, and coffee.  For lunch I am going to have greek-style pork chops leftovers!  I CANNOT wait!  I am going to introduce my parents to the spicy shrimp noodle bowl with cucumber salad for dinner!  Kyle and I had it a week ago and I've been craving it every since!  My mom is also making the cooking light magazine's basic banana bread recipe today.  It looks really good, and it has all-spice in it (which smells kind of like chai tea), so I'm really excited to try it!  I'm way under on my minimum calorie intake today, so I can afford a slice of banana bread - maybe even two!  Oh to dream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment