Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 4

G-G-Get up and move song of the day: Miley Cyrus - See You Again


"No show" gym socks + tennis shoes + treadmill = big blisters on the back of my ankles.  Looks like I'm going to have to dig to the bottom of my sock drawer and break out the crew cut socks!  Other than that yesterday went really well!  I got in both strength training and cardio AND I was under on calories, and didn't feel like I was deprived.  The spicy shrimp noodle bowl was AMAZING!!!!!  The cucumber salad was also really good!  I will definitely be making that meal again!  


Today Elliot has a post-surgery appointment in Milwaukee and I would normally get a "fancy coffee" (latte of some sort with lots of flavoring, whip cream, and toppings) and scone for breakfast and some sort of fast food for lunch (probably Hardee's ham and cheese sandwich, sub the fries for onion rings, and a diet coke - ooohhhh, so good).  But not today!  I had my normal breakfast of 1 egg over-easy, 1 piece of toast w/ a tsp of butter, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and 1 cup of coffee.  I am bringing with me a snack of 1/4 cup of naked almonds and 1/2 a grapefruit.  Then I'll eat lunch later in the day when we get home (left over spicy shrimp noodle bowl!!!).  I am also going to bring 2 water bottles full of water so I'm not tempted to stop somewhere because I need something to drink.  For dinner tonight we are having Chicken with Lemon-Leek Linguine with mixed greens salad ("Dinner Tonight." Cooking Light. October: p 96).  It looks really good and we've really like all our new meals this week, so hopefully this one is good too!  


I feel like I've lost weight, and I really really really want to step on the scale, but I know that if I do, and I haven't lost what I feel like, that I'll just be let down.  We started watching "The Biggest Loser" and this morning I watched MTV's "I used to be fat" and these people loose like 14-30lbs in a week!!  I know that a lot of the ones who lose a ton weigh a lot more than I do, and that they have personal trainers who are kicking their butts daily, but how awesome would that be?!  Okay, back to realistic goals, I hope that I lose 8lbs this week.  Fingers crossed! - lol, and I still have 4 days until my weekly weigh-in!  


Alright, time to drive!!

1 comment:

  1. the folks on the biggest loser lose like 10 lbs a week because they work out like animals. they don't have to take care of homes, they don't have to take care of kids, they don't have to go to work. their job is to work out.

    so yeah. i love the biggest loser but blah to the message that a healthy rate of weight loss is disappointing.

    ReplyDelete