Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 31 - One Month Down!!

Song of the day:  Will.I.Am and Nicki Minaj - Check It Out

I tracked everything I ate yesterday (which I do every day) and had enough calories to eat pizza for dinner!  I love pizza.  My favorite foods are easily pizza and tacos.  My mom and I were going to make a nice dinner, but no one was going to be home, so we decided to have leftovers.  Then there were some change of plans and my dad and Logan were also home and leftovers didn't sound as appetizing.  Tonight we are going to have black pepper and molasses pulled chicken sandwiches with mango coleslaw!  It looks really good and we may have it on Sunday for the Super Bowl!  


I had a really good workout last night.  I did 40 minutes of cardio, strength training, and some stretching.  It's amazing how easier things are for me then they were 31 days ago!  I do 2 sets of 15 reps of push-ups (not sure I worded that right) and when I first started it was more like 6 sets of 5 reps of push-ups, sometimes even less in a row.  Last night I did all 15 in a row with no problem.  For both sets.  Felt awesome!  My cardio is also a lot easier than it used to be.  It still makes me sweat and gets my heart rate up, but I don't feel like I'm going to die anymore.  It may sound a little dramatic (me, dramatic? no way!) but I could barely breath after half an hour of essentially speed walking.  Now I'm running and feeling great! 


Miranda and I were going to go to a yoga class but didn't.  I'm not too upset about it.  I'm not really a huge yoga fan.  I did some prenatal yoga and that was nice and beneficial since I had a 10 lb baby sitting on my spine, but really I'd rather do pilates.  I have some pilates videos that I've done and I really like them.  


I'm really excited for ballet toning tonight!  It was such a great workout last week!  I may have to drive up here every Wednesday just so I can take the class!  That was a lot of exclamation points... !

No comments:

Post a Comment