Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 70 - daylight savings

Song of the day:  Fall Out Boy - The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes


Why is it called daylight savings when they take an hour away or precious sleep?  Yeah, we're saving daylight but we're killing sleep.  Daylight savings has such a positive connotation which is so the opposite of what it really is.  It should be called "Less sleep and a crappy morning filled with confusion because not all of your clocks are the same since some change automatically and your forgot that it was daylight savings time, and for the whole day everyone talks in 'well it's 9:30, but it's actually 10:30, but I kind of feel like it's 8:30.' "  What?  But I guess daylight savings fits easier on calendars.  


Anyways, we got a ton done yesterday!  We went through all of Kyle's boxes and some of our other boxes in the garage and did some major condensing, and now my car is jam packed with things that need to go to Goodwill.  I think we're going to go through our clothing today, which is good since I also did all of the laundry yesterday.  I'm also going to be getting rid of a lot of my shoes.  :(  I have so many pairs that I absolutely love, but pregnancy has left me with bigger feet.  :(  So sad.  


I also had a really good workout where I did the C25K training for 30 minutes, then a rolling hills program on the treadmill for another 30 minutes.  I also added a little bit of an incline because I heard that simulates outdoor running, and the 5k is outdoors.  I feel like my body is waking up again.  I can feel muscles changing and getting stronger.  Definitely a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment