Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 62/63 - What. A. Weekend.

Song of the day:  Cee Lo Green - Forget You


This weekend was so much fun!  I got to Chicago at about 11:30, then it we went to lunch at Flo. Well, it was really more of a brunch since we both had egg dishes, but oh, so good.  We then did some shopping and I got some patterned tights, a new purse, and really really cute black boots.  I really had to get them because the weather took a turn for the worse. :(  We didn't let the weather get to us though!  We went back to Alyson's and laid low for a little bit, then got ready to go to dinner.


We were on the wait list for Coast Sushi Bar at 8:30, and were sat right away.  We started with some edamame (steamed soy beans) then had 3 rolls.  If you ever go there, get the White Dragon.  Ugh, it's like a hug for your taste buds!  We had mochi ice cream for dessert.  It's like a ball of ice cream wrapped in a gum drop.  The red bean flavor was my favorite!  Thankfully Alyson knew all of the amazing things to eat!  After dinner we went over to Alyson's roommate's friends house and had a few drinks there before going out to a bar.  I'm not exactly sure what time we got there, but we did a lot of dancing.  Lots and lots and lots of dancing.  We ended up leaving at 3:30 am!  I haven't seen that side of 3:30 in ages!  We ended up falling asleep at about 4:30 am.  


We finally woke up at 4:00 pm the next day.  So much fun!  We got ready and I packed up my stuff and we walked to Jerry's for dinner.  I had the best hamburger that I have ever had in a restaurant!  Probably because most of my restaurant hamburger experiences are limited to McDonald's.  I felt muscles in my legs that I forgot existed!  But I guess that dancing for 5 hours in heels will do that to you!


I got home about 9:20 pm and had no energy to work out.  So I only worked out once this past week.  But we did a lot of walking and a lot of dancing, so I think it counts!  I guess we'll see! 



No comments:

Post a Comment