Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 69 - cup of noodles

Song of the day:  Taking Back Sunday - Cute without the E


It was so nice yesterday!  And today it's icky.  Yay, Wisconsin!  Elliot and I had a really nice walk, and I think the fresh air and exercise really made me feel better.  It's like that line in Legally Blonde when Elle says, "Exercise gives you endorphins.  Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."  So true.  Thanks Elle Woods.  


So, yesterday I registered for my very first 5k.  I also did my very first c25k workout.  That means "couch-to-5-k" workout.  There's a whole program on www.c25k.com that comes highly recommended.  It's a 9 week program with 3 workouts a week.  Well, the run is 7 weeks from today so even if I do the workouts every other day I will still miss 2.  Since I'm not really going from the couch to a 5k, more like a mild jogger to a 5k, I'm going to do the first 6 workouts in a row.  That way I should be ready by April 30th! 


I feel a little more "back on track" than I have in the past few days... or week and a half...  I can tell that I am really ready for spring, I'm ready to move, and I'm ready to be in school.  I hate waiting for things to begin.  I really do not have patience for things I don't have the option of changing.  Everything has a set date, and I can't make it come any sooner!  I know the move will go fine, and that once I'm in school I'll wish that it was over, but I just get so wound up before hand.  Notice that I did not say that I'll miss winter.  :) 


While Kyle goes through all of his boxes, I'm going to go work out!  Hopefully Elliot decides to have a major nap day and then we can get a lot done!  Kyle has requested that we have chicken with lemon-leek linguine for dinner.  I'm glad that he likes the new food that we've been eating enough to request it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment