Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 143 & 144

Song of the day:  Nelly - Dilemma ft. Kelly Rowland


Yesterday Elliot and I went to Milwaukee for his 1 year post- surgery check up.  His x-rays are still looking great and his scars are barely visible.  One of them you can only find if you know it's there!  His surgeon was really glad to see he was doing so well, and he is now officially off medication - he's been off it for about two months, but now his doctor's know it too, lol.  Today is exactly one year since he went in for his surgery.  I remember how scared we were.  It's so amazing what God can do in a year, or with your fears in a day.  I'm so thankfully that Elliot is now a normal little boy, and if it wasn't for the small scars there would be no evidence that there was ever anything wrong.


Today we're taking a day off from doctor appointments!  Thankfully!  And our car is getting it's 90,000 maintenance, so we couldn't go anywhere if we wanted to!  Elliot was walking a ton yesterday, so I imagine he'll work on the same thing today.  I have a ton of homework that's due tomorrow, so that's going to be my main goal for the day!  


I've been eating pretty well, given that we were on the road all day yesterday.  I did have McDonald's for breakfast and lunch, but I didn't overeat and stayed within my calorie range!  I really do need to increase my water though, because I've had this terrible migraine for the past 4 days and I think it's because I haven't really been drinking water... or I hope that's what it is, because I really want it to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment