Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 122 - Easter Explosion Trailer

Video of the day:  Easter Explosion Trailer  - my brother is editing down the full video, but here's a teaser of our Easter activities!

I definitely got in my 5 fruits and veggies!  And like I figured, it was about 4 servings of veggies and 1 serving of fruit.  I'm just not really a fruit person.  After lunch we went grocery shopping.  I had done some major coupon-ing, and I wanted to get my use out of them!  We went to Bed Bath & Beyond (they have a ton of keurig coffee), Cub Foods (Buy one get one free on chicken and strawberries!), then to Target to do the bulk of our grocery shopping.  I also had some coupons for Walgreens, but Elliot was beyond done shopping and ready for a nap, so we went home.  Today we'll walk over to Walgreens to finish shopping.  Total, I saved $49.85!  Not bad at all!  

For dinner I made Main Event Marinara Sauce (from Spark People Recipes) with some noodles, thinking I'd get spaghetti.  Well, I used diced tomatoes instead of crushed tomatoes, so it was more of a bruschetta type thing.  Either way, it had a little more kick than Elliot can handle (and I added garlic of course) and it was really weird with the noodles.  So I made some garlic bread and used it as a topping, and that was really really good!  So I guess it wasn't a total failure.  Then I made Pistachio-Chai Muffins, except I subtracted the pistachios (because they are EXPENSIVE) and added shredded coconuts.  Eh, they're okay.  They're a cooking light recipe, and they taste like a stereotypical "diet food."  I really like the flavor, but they are really dry.  I think next time I'll add a little oil to the recipe.  I think that applesauce might work as well.  

I didn't get a chance to work out, but I am okay with that since my eating was in check.  For my after dinner snack I had cantaloupe - my one fruit of the day!  Lol.  I stayed up later than I had planned on and just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard Elliot crying.  And this wasn't just a little whimper, this was real tears and everything.  I think he had a nightmare.  So I went into his room and we cuddled for about 30 minutes.  I'm amazed at how fast a year had (almost) gone by.  When Elliot is really sad/tired he cuddles the same way that he did when he was in the hospital, with his head tucked right into my throat (which is slightly uncomfortable for me, but I still love it) and giving me a little hug with his arms.  The difference is when he was in the hospital his legs were tucked under him around my stomach, and now his legs are tucked under him on my lap.  He's getting so big and growing up so much.  I can't believe how fast time has gone.  Okay, that's enough of a lament, lol.

Kyle is in Milwaukee this week, but he's coming home tonight so we can see him!  I'm really excited and I can't wait for him to be home, if even for a night.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment