Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 123 - chicken upgrade

Song of the day:  Lou Bega - Mambo #5   ....Elliot loves this song, lol.


Ok, I take it back.  The Pistachio-Chai Muffins from CookingLight.com are way better if you warm them up in the microwave for about 20 seconds, then put a little bit of butter on them!  So so good!  Kyle thought they were really good without heat or butter, so I guess it's up to your own personal taste.


Yesterday I made some changes to my blog layout.  I added google adsense where companies put ads on my blog.  I'd just like to say that I don't know what ads they are deciding to put on there, but I'm pretty sure that they are all going to be appropriate.  Lets hope so!  


Anyways, I ate really well and had plenty of water!  I didn't work out because I was busy FINALLY unpacking and finding a home for everything in our place!  It feels so nice to have everything put away where I want it to go!  And I even rearranged Elliot's room and reorganized Kyle's closet.  I figure that I'm the one doing the laundry, so I'm going to arrange his closet to my liking, lol.  :)  


For dinner I made Ginger Pineapple Chicken from Spark People recipes.  It's made in a slow cooker, so it's super easy, and it was amazing! - And as an added plus, Elliot loved it!  He would finish the chicken that I had cut for him before I could even cut another serving!  He's gotten down the hang of saying "more," which comes out as "mo" and it's so adorable :)  I'll definitely be making that meal again!  


This was also one of the first meals that I've made with Gold'n Plump chicken vs Target brand frozen bagged chicken.  What a difference!  Now, if we could we would have the freshest, organic, know where it's raised or grown food, but honestly, we can't afford it.  We do what we can to eat healthy, but we just can't afford to spend $5.99 on a pint of organic strawberries.  Anyways, the last bad of frozen chicken we bought was horrible.  It was a lot of fat and there were chicken chunks that didn't even resemble any part of a chicken I've ever seen.  I said that we needed to be done with the bagged chicken and just suck it up and buy the other stuff.  It's amazing how different it is!  There's almost no fat on them and they actually look edible, and they taste amazing.  Honestly, if we couldn't afford it, we'd still be eating bagged chicken, but I'm glad that we can now.  We're all about living within our means, and getting deals wherever we can, and we tend to buy store brand versions of just about everything (except ketchup and macaroni, lol), but sometimes we just need to spend more.  For example, for the first three months of our marriage we were super poor because we were paying rent at 3 apartments, and we ate off brand hamburger helper and $1 banquet meals for every dinner and lunch.  I now refuse to eat either, lol.   


Kyle got home about 7:15 and he and Elliot played for about 20 minutes before Elliot was ready for bed.  I've been trying to teach him to walk by sitting near him and telling him to "come" when he's standing next to something.  He thinks we're playing a game where he stands next to something then takes a step while falling into my arms, and laughs, and laughs, and laughs!  Lol.  I didn't get an official work out, but playing with Elliot was definitely a workout!  We ran around the house all day!  And by running I mean chasing after each other on all fours.  And we have wood floors.  ...My knees are a little bruised, but it was totally worth it!  We went to Walgreens and Copps, so I also got a little bit of a walk/workout in.  


I ate 5 servings of fruits and veggies, with even more fruits than yesterday!  I realized that I typically do eat a good amount of fruits and veggies without really trying.  I like good food, and most good food includes fruits and veggies.    


Today, I really want to get a workout in while Elliot is napping.  Everything is cleaned and put away, so I really have no excuse as to why I can't work out.  I guess I could probably do it now instead of continuing to type, lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment