Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 139 & 140 - Happy Birthday Elliot!!!

Song of the Day:  Happy Birthday Song


We had a great time celebrating Elliot's birthday!  And from what I can tell, everyone else had a great time as well :)  After the party he crashed for 2 1/2 hours!  It was great seeing all of our friends and family that were able to make it!  And the cakes turned out really well!  I was going to stack them, but it was so humid and I didn't want to chance a cake slide!  The top layer (Elliot's cake) was banana flavored with strawberry frosting.  The next layer (green) was margarita (non-alcoholic) flavored with lime frosting - this one is my favorite by far!  The next layer (purple) was chocolate with dark chocolate mint fudge filling and mint icing.  The bottom layer (blue) was almond cake with vanilla almond frosting - my second favorite!  And they are in NO WAY good for you, lol!  In all four cakes (including frosting) I used about 10 sticks of butter and half a pound of sugar.  But it's so good to indulge once in a while!  :)









Today (Sunday) is Elliot's actual birthday!  To celebrate we took a family trip to the Henry Vilas Zoo!  Elliot had a really fun time looking at the animals (especially the otters!) but I think he had more fun pushing his stroller, lol. 







I can't believe that it's been a year since Elliot was born!  He's changed so much!  I'm looking forward to what this next year will bring :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment