Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 116 - swimsuit fun

Song of the day:  The Little Mermaid - Under The Sea


Elliot and I had a blast at the water park yesterday!  Afterwards we ordered food (probably not the best choices) then we went for a walk around the hotel.  I kept us at a pretty fast pace and we walked for about 40 minutes, so there's my 30 minutes of cardio!  This hotel is huge!  


Today we had breakfast then went to the water parks again.  We started out in the wave pool and the kiddie play area there, then we took a break so Elliot could warm up and walked to the next park.  Elliot knew exactly where we were when we walked into the 'Klondike Kavern!'  He loves the water!  We walked (him leading) all over the place and up and down and up and down the playhouse.  He even went on the swing and I had to take him out instead of him crying to get out!  Apparently he likes swings, just as long as there is water involved, lol.  


Elliot's napping right now and after he gets up we're going to go get lunch, then check out another water park.  This place has 3 indoor water parks (4 if you count the one across the lake), and 4 outdoor water parks!  I bet it's just packed in the summer!  There's so much to do!  I think it would be really fun to come back here for a weekend as a family.  


This morning I did some yoga, and I'm hoping to be able to run a 5k when my dad gets back from his conference tonight.  I'm a little nervous though because every time we walk by the fitness center, it's packed.  I know I'm still getting exercise running around the pool with Elliot, but with the 5k on Saturday, I really want to get some more training in.  


Surprisingly, I've felt fine in my bathing suit.  It's a one piece, pink and black, nothing special, but I was kind of self conscious about wearing it.  I realized though, that I look like almost every other mom there.  I think my problem was/is that I'm comparing myself to other people my age, when I'm not like other people my age (the same way I'm not like celebrity moms, lol).  I felt like I'd be out of place because I'm not in a two piece anymore, but really, no one else is either.  I actually felt more like I blended in than stood out.  I know that even after I lose all the weight I want to, that I'll never wear a two piece again.  And I'm very okay with that because I don't need to wear one to feel.... I don't know, hot, sexy, beautiful?  I don't really know what I was looking to feel but whatever it was, I don't need it anymore.  I don't know if it's being married, or being a mom, or maybe a bit of both, but I'm not trying to impress anyone else.  In fact, it would actually be impractical since I spend the whole time running after a little boy!


Okay, I'm going to try to get in a quick nap before Elliot wakes up!   

No comments:

Post a Comment