Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 114

Song of the day:  Oasis - Champagne Supernova


I'm really proud of myself, because last night, when Kyle got home, I did not want to go workout, but I went anyway!  I did a .25 mile warm up, then alternated running .5 miles and walking .25 miles, and ended with a .25 mile walk.  3.6 miles and 50 minutes later, I was done and feeling great!  Of course, I ruined all of my good work with eating 2 pieces of leftover homemade pizza and sweet potato fries when I got out of the shower :/  I really need to get my eating under control.  The problem was that I ate dinner earlier than usual so I was really hungry later in the night.  Of course I could have just had a piece of toast with some nutella, or some strawberries, but instead I went for the calorie impact.  


Today starts our new spark people weekly challenge, so there is some slight overlap with last weeks.  With last weeks challenge I need to do 50 crunches today, not hard at all.  The new challenge is to do 30 minutes of cardio each day.  Now, I know this isn't that difficult in theory, but if it wasn't that difficult, then I'd already be doing it everyday.  I just need to stop making excuses.  30 minutes is not that long or hard (twss).  Elliot's napping right now, so I'm going to get in some cardio instead of lounging on the couch while watching the Today show.  


I'm not sure if everyone saw this, but my father-in-law put a link in a comment on yesterday's blog that I think is definitely worth sharing called, Warm Up With Cardio, Then Go To Weights. Right? Wrong.  I've also read that you burn more calories during your cardio when you do strength training first.  Strength training is definitely something that I need to "amp-up" in my workout routine.  I started out by doing the "beginners challenge" on spark people and it's doing push ups, sits ups, and squats, among other light activity exercises.  I know I need to start adding weights to really get some good muscle tone and to get the most out of my workouts.  I guess I have something else to add to my "stop making excuses about..." list.  



No comments:

Post a Comment