Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 115 - Wilderness

Song of the day:  Toto - Africa


Yesterday's eating was so much better than Monday's!  Monday's breakfast was 3 scrambled eggs (it started out as an omelet, lol) with mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.  All healthy things, but the portion was out of control making the meal equal 565 calories.  Yup.  That's a lot of food.  When I entered it I had intentions of eating light the rest of the day, but instead I had a ton of left over shrimp lo mein for lunch, a salad for dinner, and pizza and sweet potato fries for a late night snack.  Not a good plan.  Yesterday I had 1 egg, 1 piece of whole wheat toast with a little bit of ICBINB, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 oz of blueberries, and 6 oz of strawberries.  Total calories: 266.  Amazing difference!


For a workout I did some yoga, strength training, 50 extra crunches, and 30 minutes of '10 minute cardio blast dance,' or whatever it's called.  So, I got in my 30 minutes of working out, so I'm 1/1 in my weekly challenge!  


After lunch Elliot and I are heading up to the Dells to hang out at the Wilderness Resort for a couple of days!  He's going to LOVE the pool!  And, I'm glad to say, I actually kind of like my swimsuit.  I'm not totally thrilled about wearing one, but I keep reminding myself that I look better in one now, than I did 25 lbs ago.  And keep saying it over and over.... lol.  I'm sure I'm going to get tons of working out in chasing after Elliot, but I need to get myself to the gym as well.  There's also a walking path there, so maybe we'll try it out, depending on the weather.  I'm hoping this mini-trip makes the rest of this week fly by, because I'm getting more and more nervous the more I dwell on this 5K coming up.  I don't know why, I'm not looking to win anything, I'm just looking to not be last, and/or come in under 40 minutes.  We'll see.  Okay, time to pack.    

No comments:

Post a Comment