Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 112 & 113 - Monday Weigh-In Week #16 and a happiness hangover

Song of the day:  Yolanda Be Cool - We Speak No Americano


I had an amazing Easter weekend!  Egg coloring was a lot of fun and afterwards Kyle, Logan, Cole, Carrie, and I went shopping to find things to blow up.  Yup, blow up.  Every year on Easter my dad's sister, her husband, and their two kids come over and we all go outside and blow things up.  This started about four years ago out of boredom with firecrackers and moon sand on hand.  It has since transformed into an epic event.  This year the best explosion would be a tie between a huge orange bear and a hollow chocolate bunny.  Yes, it may be an odd tradition, but it's fun :)  I didn't get a chance to work out yesterday, but I did get a chance to eat a ton of food!  I definitely went over on calorie and salt intake, so I'm not expecting much out of this weigh-in, lol.  


1/3/11 - 232.6 lbs
1/31/11 - 217.4 lbs
2/28/11 - 206.0 lbs
3/26/11 - 208.8 lbs
4/4/11 - 207.6 lbs
4/11/11 - 207.6 lbs
4/18/11 - 206.1 lbs

4/25/11 - 206.0 lbs

Weight loss for Week Fifteen: -.1 lbs
Weight loss Total: 26.6 lbs

Weight loss since my heaviest (5/22/10 - 264 lbs): 57.0 lbs



I guess maintaining is better than gaining!  I'm going to go work out after Elliot eats lunch.  Today is cardio and strength training, with 50 extra squats for my spark people challenge.  I'm feeling okay-ish after this weekend, but I definitely laughed a lot yesterday.  My throat is so sore and my voice is so hoarse!  I'm just exhausted and my body feels like it's been hit by a truck.  I'm calling it a happiness hangover.  At one point yesterday I was standing in the kitchen doorway watching Kyle and Elliot play and dance with a dancing singing bunny, and all our family watching and laughing together and I at one of those "ah-ha" moments and I remembered how truly blessed I am.  Not that I didn't already know that, but sometimes I need to take a step back and just look at the joy that's in my life.  Like I said before, I laughed all day yesterday.... with some screams due to explosions, lol, but I really couldn't be happier.  :)    








1 comment:

  1. Loved the blowing up video - especially the laughter after.

    I thought you might find this article interesting: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201104/warm-cardio-then-go-weights-right-wrong

    ReplyDelete