Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 100 - triple digits

Song of the day:  Jesse J - Price Tag ft. B.O.B.


I can't believe it's day 100.  I guess I can't really say that I "stuck with it" for 100 days, but I've been conscious of what I'm doing for 100 days.  I had every intention of starting to get back into it this week, and my eating has reflected that.  Unfortunately, I am sporting this awesome seasonal allergy head cold and have stuffed ears and a stuffy nose.  I thought that maybe I could work out, but everything just makes me dizzy, probably due to my stuffed ears throwing off my balance.  


I'm definitely not where I was hoping I would be at this point.  I was hoping to be about another 15 lbs further than I am.  I really need to remember why I want to lose weight.  I want to look better, feel better, and just be better.  I don't want to have weight related health issues later in life.  I want to be someone that I can be proud of.  


I need to restart this commitment not just jump back into it.  When I first started I was going slow, just trying to drink 8 glasses of water and get 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week.  That's what I need to do again.  I need to stop trying to look at the big picture and just look at each day.  My goals for this week are to drink 8 glasses of water a day, and go on a 30 minute walk with Elliot 3 times this week (today being number 1).  Easy, doable, maintainable, and something that I can add onto.


I also think that part of what's hindering my getting back into working out and eating healthy is that our house still isn't organized.  Not everything has a place and it really does effect how I'm feeling.  I don't even know where I want to put everything and that's the problem.  We had a fireplace mantle that held all of the photo albums and frames and now I don't know what to do with those things.  I know that I just need to buckle down and do it, but I just don't feel like it.  I have a problem with finishing things, but I always feel so much better when I do.  Okay, to add to my goals for today I am going to hang up our frames, and order pictures for the frames that need them.  Now to be my own motivation!           

No comments:

Post a Comment