Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 109 - why me?

Song of the day:  Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit

Oh, yesterday started off so well.  WARNING: TMI.  Elliot woke up at 2:45 from his afternoon nap and I could tell that he had a fever.  He was really warm and just wanted to cuddle, and he never sits still, so that's typically a sign that something is wrong.  His bottles were on the last cycle in the dishwasher so I took him into the kitchen to get some water.  Then we sat on the couch and I figured that being in the living room might perk him up a little bit.  Wrong.  He was still cuddly but couldn't seem to get comfortable.  It was really weird because he was super calm, opened my hand, and put his nuk in it.  Then he turned around and threw up breakfast and lunch all over himself and me.  SICK.  I took him into the bathroom and put him in the tub and then he threw up again.  So now I have to clean out the tub, take off puke clothes (from both of us), and clean a sick baby.  He was fine in the tub for a while, then he just started crying.  I got him dried off and some pj's on and we sat on the couch for 3 hours.  At this point his temperature was 100.3 and the nurse said that I should watch it and if it goes over 102 to give him some tylenol.  I put him to bed around 7:30 and at 10:30 he started crying.  He had thrown up in his bed.  Awesome. So I took him out of his bed and cleaned him up.  He wouldn't let me put him down so I just sat in the rocking chair with him.  His fever was now 102.6 so I gave him some tylenol and juice.  I was exhausted and sleeping in a chair isn't really comfortable, and our bed is too high for Elliot to sleep in, so I made a little bed on his floor for us.  He was fine for a little while, then started crying.  He then turned over and threw up all over the floor.  So I put him in the bath again.  In the bath he was super happy, then started crying after a while.  At this point it's midnight and I've given up any chance of sleeping tonight.  I grabbed Elliot and his clean blankets and we sat on the couch.  At about 1:00 he started crying again and then threw up all over me.  I changed my shirt, cleaned him up, and we went back to sleeping.  He would wake up every 1.5 - 2 hours crying, but thankfully no more puking.  At 6:00 he woke up and was fine.  He was back to crawling around all over the living room.  So, I gave him some juice and put him to bed in his room (I had cleaned up from his earlier episode).  We each slept til noon.  I'm still exhausted.

Thankfully I had gotten in cardio and strength training before all of that happened.  Otherwise, I would have never found a chance to do it.  Today's challenge is 50 squats, and I also want to go running today as well.  Kyle's plane lands at 4:05, so he should be home by 5:00, which gives me plenty of time to work out.  And I could totally use some alone time.    

1 comment:

  1. Oh, boy... :( That's hard to read about, and it's even harder to go through when it's your kid and you know there's so little you can do but wait it out. I'm glad he got over it quickly. Kyle to the rescue!