Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 1 Weigh In

Song of the Day:  Wiz Khalifa - When I'm Gone

Starting Weight: 230.4
Week 1: 224.2

Total: 6.2 lbs

Woo-Hoo!!  I have to say that I am surprised!  I thought I would only lose maybe .5 lbs between Monday and today.  If you haven't noticed I am also tracking my weight loss on the right hand side of the screen.  I know it's not good to lose almost 3 lbs in 4 days, but I really think that my Monday weigh-in was thrown off by a little dehydration.  So yay!  I'm excited and more motivated to eat healthy and get my workout in today!

Last night Kyle and I had spaghetti.  Normally I would load up my plate with tons of noodles, pour enough sauce to drown them, and add about 4 slices of garlic bread - to start.  See, I LOVE garlic bread.  I buy a loaf of french bread, slice it, butter both sides, and put garlic powder and garlic salt on the up side, then brown in the oven for 10-15 minutes.  AMAZING.  And absolutely terrible for you.  Well, not absolutely terrible, but the terrible part is that Kyle and I will eat the whole loaf.  That meal probably packs enough calories for at least 2 days.  So, partially to help my self-control, and partially me not thinking about picking up bread at the grocery store, we skipped the garlic bread.  I had 1 cup of noodles and 1/2 cup of sauce... afterwards I realized that a serving of cooked noodles is actually 1.5 cups, but I was actually full.  I even had enough calories to have a glass of red wine with dinner :)  Not too bad for being on a "diet."

Elliot is now able to open the fridge.  The handle of the fridge at our apartment was too high for him to reach and have leverage to open the door.  The fridge in the house has a handle that stretches the length of the door.  Thankfully he goes for really healthy stuff - and there's not really anything unhealthy in our fridge, just stuff he should eat, like jalapenos.  This morning Kyle was finishing getting ready and I was brushing my teeth, Elliot was sick of waiting for us, and headed down the stairs.  He was downstairs maybe a minute before us and when we got there he had the strawberries out and was eating them (including the green part -ewwww).  Now that he can open the fridge he wants to pick out his own food.  Hello independence!  Yesterday for lunch he wanted string cheese and apple slices.  This morning for breakfast it's strawberries, cold penne noodles, and half a bagel.  Whatever I guess.  As long as he's eating, and it's healthy choices, I'm okay with it.     

I can hear Caroline's heavy deep sleep breathing on the baby monitor and it's making me so sleepy... time for coffee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment