Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 4

Song of the Day: Phantom Planet - California

Thanks to Facebook's timeline I looked at some super old (like 7 years ago) pictures of myself.  At that time I thought I was so fat and wanted to lose weight.  Now I'd give my left hand to look like that again!  Someday.  My song of the day is a nod back to 2003/2004 and those pictures.

I didn't get around to making salmon for dinner, but I actually came in under the low end of my calorie range.  I got done eating dinner and was so tired that I didn't even want the snack (of even potentially candy) that I could have.  I was sleeping by 9:00 and it felt great!  Caroline slept through the night, so I'm glad she's back on schedule.  Elliot was up at 6:00 and Caroline at 6:30.  Everyone is back on track!  Kyle gets home tonight and I can't wait!  Even though he's gone for 90% of the kid's day, it's just nice to know that he's there at the end of the day.  

I finished day 3 of JM 30 Day Shred.  There's parts of the level 1 routine that are becoming easy, but there's other parts that are tough for me to finish.  I don't think I'm ready for level 2, but I do feel like I want to do more cardio.  What's nice about the dvd is that it's only 27 minutes long, and sometimes that's all the time I'm guaranteed.  Most of our other dvd's are an hour long, so I might have to look for another 30 minute cardio dvd to add to the 30 Day Shred if time allows. 

Both kids are now on antibiotics and Elliot started coughing when he got up from his nap yesterday.  I called the doctor again and asked if they wanted to test him to confirm the case, but since we were made aware of it so quickly, and he already started medication, there's a good chance the test would produce a false negative.  Which means he may or may not have it, but he's getting treated anyway, and we are quarantined for the next five days.  Now, if the five days start from the first time he took medicine that means until 4:00 on Monday.  If it means that Wednesday (when he started meds) counts as Day 1, that means through Sunday he can't go anywhere.  With the first option Kyle now has to take part of Monday off because I have a doctor appointment, thankfully he's not out of town.  But either way, we're missing Veggie Tales Live on Sunday.  We bought tickets for Elliot's birthday (coming up in May).  Thankfully he's too young to know that he was going, or now that he's missing it, but I'm still angry.  I was pissed about this whole thing, and now I'm angry.  And even though it's the last day of quarantine, I'm not going to do what the Typhoid Mary family did and infect hundreds of people by being negligent about how my child's health affects other people. 

Okay, I promise that I'm done with my angry rant about the kids being sick.  What's done is done, and now, I just have to let it go.


No comments:

Post a Comment