Monday, April 8, 2013

Turning Point (hopefully)

Song of the Day:  Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart  ... any time I hear the word "turn" or any form of that word, I automatically think of this song.

Well, I was really into writing an assignment that's due tonight, and when I finished I looked at the clock and it was 11:02.... two minutes after my class (across campus) had started.  Oh well, I guess now I have an extra 1 hour 15 minutes to work on stuff for other classes!  

This weekend we got outside a ton!  It was so nice to have the windows open and go to the park!  Caroline has been able to really enjoy outside now that she can walk and actually play on the equipment.  It was so much fun to be able to play with Elliot on the slides and help him climb the thing that looks like the small plastic version of the aggro crag.  I'm able to actually play with him instead of watch him play.  I don't know if I would have been able to, or comfortable running around with him, 25 lbs (and many many inches) ago.  Granted, at the end of the day I was exhausted (we all were), but I'm glad that when Elliot looks at me and says, "Come on mommy, lets go slide" that I can go with him.   

Sunday night I went for a run outside since it was so nice!  It felt great to actually run outside, and thankfully it wasn't too windy.  I ran 3.12 miles (5k) in 36:45 minutes.  I was partially doing the C25K program and partially just running.  I'm on week 3, which is 90 second jogging, 90 second walk, 3 min jogging, 3 min walk, but sometimes I want to keep jogging, so I do.  I would jump to the next week, but I don't want to not be able to do it!  Lol.  I think my new route is pretty good on the hills too.  There's quite a few of them, but not as bad as some of the routes I've taken in the past!  Maybe I should actually look for a May 5K to keep me going....  

Thankfully we got out a ton this weekend because it looks like it's going to rain all week, with possible SNOW on Thursday - WHHAAATT?!!?!! I really hope it doesn't snow :/

Hopefully this week marks a turning point in me getting back on track.  Mentally, I feel like my break is over, and I'm ready to get back at it.  The same goes for school.  Granted I am currently skipping my class, but that was an accident and I missed it because I was doing work for another class and lost track of time.  I'm going to try to get ahead on my work so I don't  have a crazy busy last 5 weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment