Wednesday, April 24, 2013

10 days til 5k


Well, spring is definitely here!  My allergies are in full swing!  Either that, or I have a cold :/  I'm really hoping it's allergies, but so far my zyrtec hasn't really seemed to be doing anything...  I took a nasal decongestant last night and that really helped me be able to breath!  Of course, I thought maybe it was my allergy meds kicking in, so I didn't take another one this morning, and forgot to put one in my pocket.  So in a little while I'm going to walk over to Walgreens and get some more nasal decongestant.  My nose is so plugged that it's hard to drink water or eat anything because when I close my mouth, I can't breath at all :/
 
I am sooooo happy with today's weigh-in!  I lost 3.8 lbs this last week!  I'm only .8 lbs away from being back in the 100's!!!!  It's been about 4 years since I've seen a number this low (and I understand, "low" is a relative term in this case, lol)!!!  I am so excited!  I haven't really done anything besides eat well and get lots of rest.  On Monday, the kids and I went for a 3 mile walk, but that was all the exercising I did this week.  Kyle gets home tomorrow night (FINALLY!!!), so I'm going to try to run as much as I can this weekend in preparation for my 5k!  And I just realized the 5k is in 10 days!  So hopefully I can run a lot!  I'm not looking to place, just do well :)    

I was so excited this morning that I even spent extra time getting ready and blow-dried and straightened my hair!  The kids also slept later, so that was awesome!  I drank some coffee and watched the news :)  I'm hoping that it's nice out when we get home so the kids and I can go on another walk!  Elliot thinks a walk means going to the playground, but I think a walk means me pushing them in the stroller.  Maybe we'll do both tonight :) 

Last night I had a dream about how to structure my cross-cultural psychology paper.  Siiiiiiiicckkkk.  Thankfully I have more time to put towards the cross-cultural paper because the due date for my final paper in field training got pushed back a week!  I still have a ton left to do, but the end of my semester seems a little more manageable!  Only three weeks left!!!

And 10 weeks until Aruba!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment