Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 211 - makin' food

Song of the day:  Boyz in the Sink - Belly Button


Again, it's been a while since I wrote.  Life has just gotten so busy and I haven't really had time to write!  As far as weight loss goes, I haven't lost any.  This week I'm focusing on making food at home.  We have been ordering out, A LOT, and that definitely needs to stop.  Kyle is home all week, so that will hopefully help me make food.  It doesn't really make sense, because I make Elliot food, but Kyle and I end up deciding between Noodles and Pizza Hut.  


We had a really great weekend!  Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market and got breakfast there, then walked along State Street.  I found a store that sells essential oils for a pretty good price, and I think I'm going to try my hand at soap making.  I took a soap making class with my mom and Carrie while we were up north, and I think I could do it at home.  I'm waiting to see if I still want to do this in a few weeks because the oils are really expensive so I don't want to buy them and have them sit here.  We also went grocery shopping, and swimming as a family.  Elliot loves going to the pool and as soon as he gets any hint of the plan he's standing at the door!  


Sunday we spent the day getting our house in order.  Since Kyle's home this week, we are finally all done living out of suit cases, for a while at least.  We also rearranged our living room into every possible layout, just to give up and put it back how it was.  We then realized if we moved one of the couches over three feet then we would get the feel we were looking for.  If only we would have tried that first!  I also made some salsa, and it was so good!  Kyle and I ended up having tacos and salsa for both lunch and dinner.  


In honor of making food at home, tonight I am making avocado pesto pasta with chicken!  It looks really good, and we love pesto, and anything with avocado in it!  I'm hoping it turns out well, and that my basil stays looking good all day!  For breakfast this morning I'm going to try a glowing green smoothie.  I have seen this made on the Today show a few times, and it looks really good, so I'm giving it a try!  I am waiting until Elliot goes down for a nap though, because anytime I'm in the kitchen he thinks he's getting something.  I also have to share if he's awake, lol.  


I'm not really sure what we're going to do today.  It's supposed to be in the 90's and sunny.  We may head to the pool, but the problem with the pool is that it's heated.  This was nice when it was only 75 degrees, but now that it's in the 90's it feels more like bath water than a refreshing pool.  We may go to one of the aquatic centers, but I'm not really sure if I want to make the journey over there, and pay for 45 minutes (tops) of swimming.  But we'll see, because there's not really anything else to do that doesn't involve being really hot outside.





No comments:

Post a Comment