Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy 1st Day of Spring!

Song of the Day: K'NAAN - Better

Okay, I've already seen a ton of these posts on facebook, but I just want to remind everyone once again (ya know, just in case you haven't been outside yet), that it's the 1st day of spring, and the high temp is 21, and it's only 11 with a real feel of -4 right now. LAME.  I want warm weather now!  I'm getting my hair done on Monday and plan on going lighter (but still in the brown family) just so I can feel like warmer weather is here! 

My spring break is next week!  Right now, I have two assignments to finish, and my field site on Friday, then I am mentally checked out for the next 9 days!  Can't wait :)  I have all these plans (much like my winter break plans) of working out every day, and getting a ton of stuff done, but I know that's probably not going to happen, haha :)  

Good news is I'm down 1.6 lbs this week!  I've finally gotten lower than my low at the end of February!  Haha, three weeks later and I'm finally back on track :)  I actually checked twice because I wasn't expecting to really lose anything this week.  And last night I had a ton of spinach ravioli (ah-maze-za-zing) so I thought for sure I wasn't going to see much progress, but there it was!  That makes me have a little more push and drive to actually want to work out and fully get back into it!  Also, our vacation is in 15 weeks!!!!!  I am so excited!!!  I also really want to wear a swimsuit without being super self conscious - lets be real, we're going to be in Aruba, so I'm going to wear a swimsuit no matter what, but it'd be nice to feel a little more positive about the way I look in it, lol.  Thankfully my mom found my (expired) passport at their house, so I'm getting it renewed next week!  I needed to do the name change for it anyway, but it's nice that she found it and I don't have to also say my old one was lost!  

I was really hoping that I could only take classes on Mondays and Wednesdays next semester, but it turns out that it would be (grad school) beneficial for me to take a class that is offered Tuesday/Thursday.  And at that point, if I'm already at 9 credits, I mine as well take another class and just be full time.  So now I'm trying to find something that will be interesting, and also look good on a grad school application.  I also really want to try to get more experience in schools, so I'll be looking for another internship... I guess it's better than being bored because I don't have enough to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment