Thursday, October 17, 2013

TMI on the BMI

Song of the Day: The Carlton Dance

This week I'm looking at .4 lbs lost, and continuing in the right direction to win the dietbet when I weigh in on Monday!  

I wanted to wait a week just to make sure that I wasn't going to gain, but I have exciting news!  My BMI is now 29.6, which puts me out of the obese category and into overweight!  Hahahaha, it's obviously all relative, but I never thought I would be excited about being classified as overweight, but I hadn't really come to terms that I was technically obese either.  I guess it's easier to admit now that I haven't been there for two straight weeks.  And here's to never going back!  At this point I'm 31 lbs away from a healthy BMI and 43-50 lbs away from my goal weight of 145-152, which would give me a BMI of 22-23 - smack dab in the middle of healthy.  

I've been trying to decide if I want to do another dietbet after this one is over.  I think I do because it has definitely helped me stay on track, and works at as a great motivator, but on the other hand, I kind of want to take off some of the pressure to lose weight.  Really 4% of your body weight isn't asking a lot.  For me that was 8.2 lbs and so far I've lost 8.8 with half a week left.  It's obviously doable, but I don't want the pressure of having to maintain a 2lb per week loss for another 4 weeks, along with everything else I have going on with school right now.  But at the same time, I shouldn't use school as an excuse and having that pressure on me to lose has really helped me stay focused... I'll probably do another lol.

To help keep track of my calories I've been using the Lose It app.  It's free which is awesome, and it also lets you scan bar codes to track calories!  Apparently this isn't anything new, and other apps also let you scan bar codes, but I just think that's amazing.  It also sets your calorie limit based on your weight loss goals and takes into account the calories you burn on workouts that you log.  It has a huge food database, and so far has really helped me keep track of everything!

I'm taking the GRE on Saturday and I'm not as prepared for it as I wanted to be, but at this point, I don't think that I'll study more if I delay taking it.  So I mine as well get it over with :/  I wanted to take another practice test right now, but the computer I'm on isn't loading the Kaplan page correctly, so that's super annoying :/  Ugh, it's going to feel good when this test is over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment