Thursday, January 24, 2013

What to do, and other things I forgot to mention.


I'm in a bit of a bind this semester.  I found out that one of my required classes (Behavioral Neuroscience) is not going to be offered next semester (my last one).  Thankfully I have options:

1. A committee finds a replacement class for me, and I take that class next fall.
2. I take the class this semester.  That means I can either have 15 credits, or drop a class and stay with 12.
3. I possibly take the class over the summer at another school and transfer the credits over.

I've thought a ton about option 2, but the problem is the class is offered from 3:45-5:00.  That means the kids would be in daycare from 7:30-5:15, and we wouldn't get home until 6:00.  Last night, Caroline went to bed at 6:00.  I wouldn't even see her, and how would dinner and everything work out?  I was planning on taking the class next semester because Caroline would be older and staying up later, so it wouldn't affect her schedule.  I really want to take the class.  It's Behavioral Neuroscience, extremely hard, and totally satisfying.  I am really interested in the class, and it's almost like a right of passage to take, but I just don't think I can do that to the kids.  Yeah, they're kids, and resilient, but they practically only have one parent during the week, I want to give them as much time with that parent as possible.  

So, it looks like I'm going with option 1.  I keep talking about this choice because I just don't know if it's the right one.  I mean, I know it's the right one, but it's just not really what I think I want to do.  I feel like I'm taking the easy way out - not that college with two toddlers and a husband who travels every week is easy by any means- but some days, I just with that I had more freedom to make my own choices.  

Things I forgot to mention:

1. I got a perm, and I like it!  It's pretty loose, and I really did it to add volume and give my hair some texture.  It's also nice to not have to "do" my hair every morning!

2.  I don't have glaucoma.  This may be confusing, because I didn't really tell anyone besides Kyle and my parents that it was even a possibility, but it was.  Late December I went to the eye doctor and she was worried with how large my optic nerve was.  It had been about 1.5 years since my last eye doctor appointment, and this was also his concern at the time.  After a few appointments, tests, and pictures, I don't have glaucoma, but my eyes aren't "normal."  Turns out they're normal for me though, and healthy, and I have nothing to worry about.  Good to know now, but it made for a long 3 weeks when I didn't know.

Good news - I lost 2.2lbs this week!  Not a ton, but heading in the right direction :)

No comments:

Post a Comment