Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Doing nothing and it feels so good

Song of the day:  B.o.B. ft. Rivers Cuomo - Magic

I have done almost nothing Monday - Friday of last week, and I'm looking to do the same amount of work this week.  I had all of these plans to take the kids to daycare and work on the list of house projects, and instead I've taken them to daycare and watched Grey's Anatomy on Netflix.  And it's been great.  I can't tell you the last time I've just relaxed!  And I haven't really done nothing.  I've ran a few errands, including an impromptu lunch with a friend in Chicago, and had a few doctor appointments, but nothing that really required me to use my brain.  Hopefully this mental break won't come back to hurt me when school starts in a week!

My diet/exercise has been kind of a hit or a miss.  Some days I eat great, others, not so much.   Some days I work out, then others I don't.  But again, mentally, I just need this break right now.  I've devised a little reward system for Kyle and I to compete with each other on working out, so next week, that's getting implemented!  And hopefully it helps motivate each of us!  I also think that being back into the routine of school will help me a lot.  Right now, I'm just enjoying a break a little too much :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Christmas week for me was spent watching all six episodes of Army Wives! And, I am glad that I did it...school starts soon (too soon, imo)...so, we hard-working moms deserve to indulge in some netflix drama! Good for you, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete