Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 181 - It's July Already??

Song of the day:  A-Ha - Take On Me


Kyle took off on Thursday and Friday and we headed up to Waupaca to visit his mom and his brother Aaron.  We haven't seen his brother in about a year (he lives/works in Australia) so it was great to get to spend some time with him!  Yesterday Aaron, Kyle, Elliot, and I came up to Green Bay to have dinner with Kyle's dad (Brian) and his wife (Peg).  I love coming up here.  It's just so relaxing and comfortable.  This morning for instance, I slept until 9.  Awesome!  It's very similar to when we go to my parents house.  


Today Kyle's Aunt Michele and Uncle David are coming up from Ohio!  It's been about a year since we've seen them too, so it will be great to spend some time with them!  Today isn't supposed to be as hot as yesterday, so we're thinking about taking a trip to the zoo!  


We've been eating out a lot, but I'm glad to report that I've been making some good choices.  Kyle and I split a side of fries at lunch on Thursday, I only had two pieces of pizza for dinner on Thursday, and for breakfast on Friday I stopped eating when I was full.  Crazy right?  I stopped eating when I was full!  Someone call the press!  Oh, but I didn't want to stop.  I ate the two eggs, bacon, about 75% of my hash browns (with cheese) and 1.5 pieces of the most amazing homemade whole-wheat toast I've ever had.  I didn't really care about finishing my hash browns, but I really wanted to eat more toast.  But I realized that I was full and didn't need to do that.  I also have been drinking unsweetened ice tea and water instead of sugar-y drinks and soda.


Tomorrow we're heading up to Pembine with Peg's family.  It's so nice up there and there's a ton of trails and waterfalls to see.  There's a lot of kids too, and another little boy named Elliott who's about 5 months older than Elliot, so he should have a lot of fun!  There's also a couple of "pup-pups" and "kiki" (we think this is kitty since that's what he says as he's chasing Brian and Peg's cats, lol) so Elliot is going to be really excited!  


I'm not really sure what we're going to do Monday, but there's bound to be fireworks involved!


Okay, it's 9:45.  I should probably take a shower, or do something productive.... maybe :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment