Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 185 - Hot Town, Summer In The City

Song of the day:  The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City


I'm glad to report that this morning was much less eventful than yesterday morning!  I don't know if it was the stress of the morning, or just me giving into temptation, but I ate pretty horribly yesterday.  I just wanted to eat everything in sight!  I had bought some Oreo's Monday night because I had a coupon, and there was a sale, and Kyle's been talking about wanting something sweet lately.  Well, Kyle's gone, which leaves all the Oreo's in my hands.  I ate 6.  Good news is that I also drank a glass of milk, bad news is that I also dipped 2 of them in peanut butter (but it was all natural!), lol.  That was the worse thing that I ate, but I also had yogurt, 3 hard boiled eggs, 4 pieces of watermelon, a cheese quesadilla, a lean cuisine, a green bell pepper, and one of those single serving bags of popcorn for a late night snack.  Okay, I guess it just looks like more than it really was.  Watermelon is pretty much nothing, and a green bell pepper is really good for you too.  I think it looks like more in a list than it does in calories.  


This morning I've kept the trend going.  I had a piece of toast with peanut butter and a banana for breakfast, yogurt, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 green bell pepper, 1 cup rice, and lots of szechuan sauce for lunch, and those Oreo's are trying to call my name.  I've already decided that I'm not going to give into them today!  We have a ton of fresh veggies, fruit, and salad items left since we had thought that Kyle's brother was coming here Thursday and Friday, and I didn't know that Kyle was out of town this week.  So, food that was supposed to cover 2-3 people is now all supposed to be eaten by me before it goes bad.  Good think it's healthy!  


Elliot and I had a fun time at the pool yesterday.  It was really busy and Elliot wasn't really sure what to think about all of the other kids.  He was really interested in watching the older kids do cannon-balls into the pool.  He really likes the water, and was ready for a nap after we were done.  He's definitely getting back into his schedule, and that makes me happy :)  Tomorrow we have to go to Children's Hospital for his 1 year post-NICU developmental appointment, and I'm feeling confident that everything will go great!  


It's already in the 80's so we'll be heading back to the pool today!  I'm also going through all of our stuff and getting rid of what we don't need, and cleaning everything else.  I guess it's a little late for spring cleaning, but it needs to get done.  We've been living out of suit cases for the last month with all of our traveling, so our house is just in disarray.  Of course, we're traveling again this weekend so part of me doesn't see the point in cleaning, but it will be really nice to come home to everything in it's correct place!     

No comments:

Post a Comment