Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 248 - sigh of relief

Song of the Day:  David Crowder Band - How He Loves


Today was great!  Elliot had a great time at daycare and was excited to see me when I got there, but not excited enough that the blocks near me weren't more important, lol.  But the best part is that there were no tears!  I also got to see his art work on the walls and pictures of him working on his projects :)  He's having such a good time which makes it easier to go back to school without any "mommy guilt."  Right now I'm filling out his school pictures form.  Yep, school pictures happen at daycare too.  I just don't know how the photographer is going to get him to sit still long enough!  


I'm starting to realize what Kyle's been going through for the last 15+ months.  On Monday's and Wednesday's I pick him up at 4:30, but on Tuesday's and Thursday's I pick him up at 5:30. Picking him up at 5:30 means we aren't home until 6:30, then it's time to eat, time for a bath, then time  for bed.  I feel like I barely get to see him or spend any time with him.  It's really sad and has been kind of a hard adjustment for me.  The only silver lining is that I'm completely exhausted and ready to go to bed at 7:30 myself!  


I've slept really well the past two nights and I think school has really helped out with that!  I walk a ton and am up earlier than I would be if I was staying home.  Also I don't get my afternoon nap/lay-in-bed-while-Elliot's-napping time, so I've been sleeping longer.  Before I was waking up between 1 and 3 and staying up for 2-3 hours.  Now the earliest I wake up is 6:00am, and that's an hour before I would get up anyway so it's not terrible to get up a little earlier. 


I'm not really sure what it is, but I'm finding myself much more "at home" at Whitewater.  I think a lot of it has to do with where I'm at in my life.  When I was at Winona State University I had no idea who I was and was more concerned with looking in all the wrong places for my identity instead of working on school and having an involved college experience.  I spent a semester at Western Technical College and was there just for class.  Really tech school's aren't about the experience, and that's what I liked at the time, but I knew I wouldn't finish there.  I spent part of a semester at University of Wisonsin- La Crosse, but I was going through so much emotional crap at the time that I didn't even finish the semester yet alone work to become a part of the school.  I couldn't even tell you where the cafeteria is at UWL.  I went to my classes and that was it.  I took a class at Madison Area Technical College when I was pregnant with Elliot mainly to see if I was able to focus on doing well in school.  I aced the course and knew that I was finally ready.  But I still was just at MATC for my class and that was it.  I did go to school online through UWW this summer, but that's not really the same as being in school.  I've only been at UWW for two days, but already I know where everything is, and I feel like I'm a part of the school.  I've actually been asked where things are by other people walking around.  I don't know if it's because I look confident in being there or if it's because I look so much older than everyone else that they figure I am either a super-super-senior or a grad student... I'm going to pretend it's the confidence thing, lol.  


It's also been great that Ethan (my brother) is also at Whitewater.  We had lunch together Tuesday, and today I took him to Walmart to get some supplies for his art class.  We're having lunch together tomorrow.  It's been great to be able to spend time with him and to know someone else on campus!


Well, I have homework to do, and not a lot of energy left to do it...


AND I got a call that our bed is going to be delivered Friday between 1 and 3!!  I CANNOT wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment