Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 332 - yikes! it's been a while!

Song of the day: Justin Bieber ft Boys II Men - Fa La La  ... really this could be my song of the month!  I've been listening to it non stop, and definitely reccommend getting Justin Bieber's entire Christmas albumn... no, I'm not trying to be cute or ironic - I'm completely serious!!

Wow, so it's been almost 2 months since I last wrote!  I've been meaning to, quite a few times now, but I just haven't gotten around to it :/  School has been going really really well, and Elliot has a great time at daycare!  I'm actually now worried that he's going to be made when he's not going anymore!  I have 8 days left of class and 4 days of finals, then the semester is over!  I was going to take a wintrim class and 2 online classes this spring semester, but the spring classes were full before my registration date opened, and I figured that I could take the winter class next year if I didn't want to take it during a full semester.  Either way, I have 45 credits left to take, then I'll be done with undergrad!  Because of my capstone class I won't be done until December 2013, but I guess better late than never :)

On the baby front, everything is going really good!  We did have a slight scare that I had low amniotic fluid - which can mean anything from absolutely nothing to birth defects (note to everyone - don't use google!  It only makes you worry more!).  Thankfully we had another ultrasound and found out that everything looks great, and they weren't really sure why we were even there!  We also found out that we're having a girl!  Her name is going to be Caroline Dawn :)  We had a girl name picked out from Elliot, so thankfully we didn't have to think of a boy name.  Otherwise the baby would be "baby boy" probably until after birth :) 

This blog started as a weight loss journey, and strayed for obvious reasons, but I'm still feeling good about the weight I've gained.  At this point with Elliot I had gained 36 lbs, and to date I've only gained 20 lbs!  So I'm at 10 lbs a trimester instead of 20 lbs like last time!  A few months ago I bought a maternity dress to wear to Miranda and Ryan's wedding (this Saturday!!) and I kept the tags on just in case I needed a bigger size.  Well, I tried it on this weekend, and it still fits and looks great!  I would have been okay having to get a bigger size, cause well, I'm pregnant, but there's still something nice about not having to go up a size :)  Also, all of my maternity clothing from Elliot is way to big for me!  That also feels great :) 

We recently got out all of our winter stuff and my winter jacket that I bought last year is a little big for me.  We bought it around Christmas time, which was right before I first started my blog.  Right now I weigh 5 lbs less than I did last year at this time.  And I'm 6 months pregnant!  That's awesome!  And kind of sad... but mostly awesome!  The only downside of the pregnancy is that I have heartburn constantly!  It started the day before Thanksgiving - so completely unfair!  I'm going to ask my doctor about a all day heartburn medication the next time I go in.  Currently I suggest buying stock in Tums or Maalox because I'm buying a ton! 

I think that's all I really have for right now.  I have a ton of homework to do tonight, and for the next 3 weeks!  So, it will probably be after the semester the next time I write :)

No comments:

Post a Comment